HMO with 1 free dependent upon onboarding
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years Paralegal experience – REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2 years of personal injury experience – REQUIRED
- Must be amenable to work on night shift and shifting schedule
- Temporary work from home setup and must be amenable to work onsite once we shift to MGCQ/GCQ
- Can start ASAP
Personal injury paralegals assist personal injury lawyers in all aspects of personal injury litigation from case inception through appeal.
Client Service: A paralegal working on personal injury/wrongful death cases must know how to interview and screen prospective clients. The paralegal must review a file to determine what the client’s case involves and to determine its current status.
Medical Analysis: Personal injury paralegals must understand the medical aspects of a case to ascertain which medical records and bills to acquire and to determine if future cost projections or experts are required. The paralegal must be familiar with medical terminology and know how to prepare medical chronologies, medical expense itemizations, deposition summaries, and demand packages.
A paralegal will address prescription medications and identify which ones may be related to a client’s claim. This means understanding the typical nerve root distribution pattern for injuries involving radicular symptoms (pain that radiates from the spine into a person’s extremities), becoming familiar with the human anatomy, and gaining knowledge of various types of injuries (e.g., if they pose permanent implications or may necessitate future surgery or lifelong expenses).
As with any area of litigation, a personal injury paralegal must also have the following characteristics:
- An excellent multi-tasker
- Organized and efficient
- A proficient writer
- Capable of prioritizing and reprioritizing tasks
- Willing to learn new material regularly
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Accurate and consistent
- Willing to assume full ownership of all assigned work
- Well-spoken and personable
- Poised and professional
- A positive attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sending and obtaining documents from and for clients
- Communication with client via Text or Email
- Create and organize folders in Google Drive
- Add case into Case List with relevant contact info and statute of limitations.
- Prepare a list of medical providers for clients
- Obtain records from hospitals
- Liaise with insurance company for insurance claims
LogiScale Inc. is a different kind of BPO. Its family-owned, USA-based parent company, was founded in 1930 by Benjamin Cohen and has grown steadily, now with over 1,500 USA-based employees and still wholly owned by the Cohen family. In 2009, we built LogiScale to provide BPO services to our parent. And now, we’re providing BPO services to outside clients.
Our Specialty – Small and medium-sized teams
At LogiScale, we specialize in customers that need to deploy small and medium-sized teams. In focusing on smaller engagements, we’re able to provide the individual attention necessary to achieve high-quality results.
Additional Company Information
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com